It’s here, Footsoldiers! “The Sound” is officially impacting to rock radio this week, and we want to create as much buzz and mayhem as possible to attract attention from our friends, and hopefully enough mania to catch the eyes of some rock radio stations, as the song is going up for adds. So here’s what we’ll be doing:
@reply to your local radio stations at least once this week, politely asking them to play the new Switchfoot song, “The Sound.” Be creative with how you request the song. Refer to this list for all the Alternative stations with Twitter pages that are being targeted! (If none of your towns are listed, choose the station closest to you)
(Grab your online materials here)
– Post the new “The Sound” wallpapers on your desktop. Bonus points if your computer is regularly seen by those around you!
– Post the banners on your Myspace, message board signatures, and anywhere else you can. Codes below:
<a href=”https://sffootsoldiers.wordpress.com/the-sound-request-page/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://flash.atlrec.com/switchfoot/extras/switchfoot_requestbanner_300x250.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”></a>
Message Board Signatures:
Send us screencaps to firstname.lastname@example.org !
4. Profile pic blitz
– Use “The Sound” banner or the single artwork as your Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace profile pictures for the next month at least. We need everyone of you to do this in order for it to be successful.
Send us a screencap at email@example.com
5. Radio Request
– Head over to “The Sound” request page we’ve set up on this site. There, you will find request links for stations that gave “Mess of Me” support. On this page, you’ll find a list of “priority” stations. Request at these following stations at least once a day:
– WKQX Q101 (Chicago)
– WARQ (Columbia)
– KFMA (Tucson)
– KCXX (Riverside)
– KBZT (San Diego)
– WWDC (Washington, DC)
– WBRU (Providence)
^We will add more. Let us know if you hear “The Sound” on your local station!
6. Radio Polls
And lastly, we need everyone to flood the following polls and vote for “The Sound.” We can dominate these easily, with a concerted effort! Let’s do this, footsoldiers!
– The Christian Rock 20 Poll.
– RadioU’s Top Ten Most Wanted. We still have the top spot! Well done! Let’s keep it that way!